7 happinesses – Sat Sukh
The ancient Indian saying quotes 7 origins of happiness from different aspects of life starting from physical health until social connections. At the end of the row there is an extra to the seven happiness.
- Pehla sukh nirogi kaya. First happiness is a healthy body.
- Dusra sukh ghar me maya. Second happiness is wealth at home.
- Tishra such sulakshana nari. Third happiness is a faithful partner (originally: wife).
- Chhoutha sukh putra agyakari. Fourth health is an obedient and polite child.
- Panchva sukh ho sundar vasa. Fifth happiness is to have an own beautiful home.
- Chhatha sukh ho sajan sajani pas. Sixth happiness is when spouses live together.
- Satwan sukh ho mitra sachhe. Seventh happiness is to have true friends in life.
- Athwan sukh ache padosi. Eighth happiness is to have good neighbours.